bizbike service for North Cambridge
The bizbike service is free for staff from the following employment centres and companies::
- Cambridge Science Park;
- Ieso Digital Health;
- Bridge Fibre
Individuals can also subscribe to the service. Email email@example.com for details.
Riders can use bikes from the following pick up points:
- Longstanton Park & Ride;
- Milton Park & Ride;
- Cambridge North Busway
- Mobility & Cycle Hub, Bradfield Centre, Science Park
Beat the traffic today and book your bike here
The easy cycle route from Milton Park & Ride
A safe cycle route from Milton Park & Ride to the Science Park is:
- Over the Footbridge across the A10 from Milton Park & Ride
- Turn right, down Faulkner Close
- At the T-junction, left into The Sycamores
- At the T-junction right into The Rowans
- At the T-junction, cross Cambridge Road to use the cyclepath or on the east side
- Cycle south and and cross the Jane Coston Cycle Bridge
Continue straight down Cowley Road to the business parks.
Picking up your e-bike
You can pick up a bike from 7am to 9am on weekdays. Riders are encouraged to wear safety helmets and should bring their own.
If you are delayed and plan to pick up your electric bike after 9am, SMS 07973 499 224 and a bike will be locked to a bike rack for you to use.
Our electric bikes include a combination lock and chain. Commuters must:
- Lock the bike at their premises or other destination;
- Whilst cycling, store the lock & chain in the pannier bag.
The battery range on our e-bikes is about 20 miles, so there is ample power for your return trip. Even if your battery runs slightly low, the e-bikes have six gears, so you can relatively easily pedal back to base.
When not riding the bike, commuters must:
- Lock the battery
- Take the key out
- Keep the key in a safe place
- Is responsible for taking care of the bike in a reasonable and careful manner.
Returning your bike
Each day, you must return your bike to the Hub you picked it up from.
At Cambridge North,please return your bike before 7pm, so we can store it overnight. Lock the bike to the bike rack, using our chain lock.
We provide assistance if the electric bike has a puncture or mechanical failure, and you can't complete your journey. Call the following numbers for assistance:
- 07973 499224
- 07971 054279
Download & print this poster
We would appreciate it, if you would like to:
- Click on this picture,
- Download a pdf version;
- Print it;
- Display it on your office noticeboard.
Perhaps your colleagues would like to save time, riding a bizbike direct to your office. It would save them queueing in the traffic to access the Science Park, St. John's Innovation Centre, or the Business Park
The more people who use our service, the better our service will become.
bizbike route from Longstanton
P&R to North Cambridge