e-bike Cambridge! Electric Bikes
Faster, fresher, further
Smooth and powerful, the e-bike Cambridge! electric bike is more than an ideal urban commuting vehicle. It's also idea for:
- Commuting from suburbs and villages;
- Countryside tours;
- Cruising past congested traffic;
- Seniors to start or continue cycling;
- Those that have leg, knee or ankle injuries.
You ride faster, glide up hills, and cut journey times to work.
- Arrive at work without breaking a sweat;
- Avoid sitting in traffic;
- Exercise as much or as little as you choose;
- Save money travelling to work;
- Improve mental health and reduce stress;
- Enjoy environmentally clean transport
Read rider's testimonials to check out rider's feedback.
Contact us on 07973 499224, or via our contact form to discover how we help your employees.
e-bike Cambridge specification
Our electric bikes offer the following specifications:
- Range: 35 miles to 45 miles on a full battery;
- Brushless: 250W rear motor;
- Lithium battery: 36U ;
- Max speed: 25km/h.
Note, that even if your battery runs slightly low, the bike has six gears for you to pedal relatively easily back to base.
Take the sweat out of cycling. Why not join the electric cycling movement sweeping across Europe!
How employers electrify their teams
Consider the benefits of a pool of electric bikes. It will increase your team's agility and efficiency, empowering them to:
- Arrive faster and relaxed at meetings;
- Deliver items faster;
- Park closer to the client;
- Receive fewer parking tickets;
- Gain independence from third party transport services like taxis and buses;
- Encourage them to migrate from motoring to cycling.
- Respond faster to sudden requests;
- Become healthier.
Staff can also use the electric bikes for personal activities, e.g. at lunchtime. They'll feel more integrated into the city, and benefit from its amenities. Your perceived value as an employer increases.
You could lend your electric bikes to visitors, customers and partners. They would all gain easy mobility around the city.
e-bike Cambridge: a local success
The e-bike Cambridge has already been used by over 70 people working at the North Cambridge business parks. Employees can pick up these bikes, for free, from Milton and Longstanton Park & Ride.
Staff can book an electric bike for any week day. Try something new today, try e-bike Cambridge!
Staff e-bike purchases through the Cycle to Work Scheme
The government-supported Cycle to Work initiative encourages staff to purchase bikes, including e-bikes. It has tax advantages for employer and employee.
Employees enjoy significant savings when purchasing new bikes. An employee selects a bike, and hires it for an agreed period from one of the government-approved agencies. When the hire period expires, the employee purchases the bike at a second-hand value.
The hire costs are paid out of gross pay, not net pay. Hence there is an income tax and Employee National Insurance saving.
Cambridge Electric Transport is a member of Cycle Solutions.
Tracy Coston, Linton
“I had a lovely ride yesterday. I was so pleased that I managed to cycle up a hill that I could never cycle up in Linton before without nearly killing myself with a basket full of shopping.
I had to be careful as went so fast on the straight at the top of the hill I nearly forgot to turn!”
Sophie Kopanau, Cambridge
“I just want you to know that I am so enjoying my new e-bike!!! it's great!!
I actually cycled up Castle Hill effortlessly yesterday and now think nothing of setting off to go anywhere.
Thank you so much for making this possible for me!!”
Your company branding
We can brand your electric bikes with your company colours and logos. This is good for name recognition. It also shows stakeholders, partners and customers that you are
- Reducing your carbon footprint;
- Take your environmental responsibilities seriously.