Cambridge Electric Transport
100Through continuous urbanisation, it is anticipated that by 2050 there will be as many people in cities as there are on the planet today? In order to manage this extreme growth and the increased levels of pollution and congestion, we require scalable and extendable technology to increase the efficiency of urban flow – as well as make carbon-free cities achievable. Cambridge Electric Transport is dedicated to developing sustainable transport solutions to meet these challenges.
Our corporate electric bike scheme saves employees time getting to work, reduces stress from sitting in traffic and their carbon footprint.
It is available free to sstaff of subscribing companies.
CET also provides the following range of products and services:
- Staff travel advisory and management services for employers
- Cycling community support services such as the Campus Cycling Hub at the Cambridge Biomedical Campus and the Science Park Mobility & Cycle Hub at Bradfield Centre, open all workdays.
- E-bike sales and rentals
CET develops and operates sustainable micromobility solutions that improve the quality of life and help achieve our urgent zero carbon target.
Our solutions include:
- Commuter bike share services operated with the support of employers in Cambridge who want to encourage their staff out of cars onto bikes.
- Community E-Bike services operated in partnership with local authorities to serve villages and towns surrounding Cambridge.
- A public E-Bike shared scheme for Greater Cambridge area to be launched in Spring 2021 in partnership with The Big Issue and ShareBike of Norway.
- The CitiPod, a three-wheel microcar based on E-Bike technology that is under development and will revolutionise urban transport by replacing car journeys with a safe and sustainable micromobility solution.
Sean Moroney Founder & CEO
Dr. Bernie Harper Head of Design
Marta Moura Marketing & Communications Lead
Edvins Press Head Mechanic
Jurie Ferreira Technology Lead